VP Worldwide Sales
Anywhere in the US with regular travel to HQ in Santa Cruz, California
Buoy Labs is seeking an established and accomplished sales leader to manage all aspects of growing the company’s top line. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with a deep understanding of channels available to get new technology into the home, and a proven track record developing an end-to-end sales process for highly consultative sales. Experience developing channels and selling other adjacent technologies for the home such as solar systems, home automation systems, home security systems, or similar is of particular interest.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing channels and sales strategies that maximize profitability
- Recruiting, training, and managing the company’s sales force, including creating training materials and incentive programs
- Defining and managing all sales strategies and tactics in conjunction with marketing, including campaigns, collateral, and events
- Assessing market competition and developing responses to maximize market share
- Developing and reporting accurate sales forecasts
Skills and Qualifications
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills are a must
- Strong track record of success in sales roles in tech companies with increasing levels of responsibility required
- Quantitative modeling and forecasting skills are required
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, including teams of high-performing sales and business development executives, is preferred
- Regular travel required, both domestic and international
- Must be comfortable contributing to a casual, humor-based, performance-driven atmosphere in the office, including regular communication via Slack with a distributed team, and then seamlessly transitioning to a suit in a board room when appropriate
Compensation includes competitive salary, benefits, and equity. Senior-level to executive-level scope available, depending on background.
This is an opportunity to grow a sales and marketing organization from the ground up in a startup that is leading the rapidly growing smart water category. The right candidate will have enough experience to make an immediate impact defining processes and metrics, and in recruiting, but will also be a hands-on implementer who will aggressively close deals personally. An ability to communicate the benefits of Buoy to an ecosystem with multiple B2B and B2C stakeholders, and to determine how to maximize profits within the entire value chain, are the qualities that will set the outstanding candidate apart.
About Buoy Labs
At Buoy Labs we are changing the way people manage their household water use. Did you know that every house leaks about 10% of its overall water use? That’s enough to fill an in-ground swimming pool, every year. Our first product, Buoy™, is the first smart home product that gives homeowners a complete real-time picture of their water use, notifications when they have leaks, and the ability to remotely shut off their water. We’re making it simple to comply with changing water regulations, save money on your water bill, and avoid household water damage from leaks.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com and tell us about yourself! Include your resume and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Principals only, please.